“A friend said to me, what’s your passion, and I said, ‘Oh I don’t know, I’m just bringing in money to pay the bills.’ It got me thinking, why am I doing what I’m doing, if I’m not really enjoying it? Is it just until I do something else?
And if so, what is that, and why can’t I do it now, why do I have to wait?”
Sarah Jefford is a surrogacy, fertility and family lawyer. She is an IVF Mum, an egg donor and a
traditional surrogate, who advocates for positive, best practice surrogacy arrangements within
Australia. Sarah is also an experienced family lawyer and a trained family dispute resolution
What We Cover:
- The challenge of working from home and putting boundaries in place around work, kids
- The Headspace app and importance of meditation
- How we identify ourselves in relation to our work, and what happens when work changes
- The 9-5 challenge meaning there is very little downtime, and how she actively pursued a
life with more flexibility, transitioning out of employment
- Balancing equality of input in a marriage, and making space for men to step up
- How returning to work after maternity leave can be really good for your confidence
- How helpful parenting communities can be for providing context around normal behaviour
for a child of that age
- Freezing sandwiches to help with school prep
- The linear path we’re all encouraged to follow, and thinking beyond the traditional path
- Creating the space for creativity, through journaling, writing down ideas, meditating,
listening to your inner voice
- How Sarah sets quarterly goals and mini goals to reach them
We mention some resources throughout the conversation, here is where you can find links to them all!
- Headspace: https://www.headspace.com/
- The telephone lock-box I use to slow my phone use: https://www.thekitchensafe.com/pages/products
Work With Me
Are you ready to make some changes to the way you show up at work and in life?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level by being seen, getting the projects and work you want and receiving a bonus you deserve?