Podcast: Play in new window | Download
“This is not about creating victims but liberating women by helping them understand that the barriers they face are shared.”
Catherine Fox is an Australian freelance journalist, author, speaker and a strident feminist. She has spent more than 20 years advocating for gender equality, and has written a number of books including The 7 Myths of Women and Work, Stop Fixing Women and Women Kind [please link to Kirstin Ferguson’s episode]. In 2017, Catherine won the Walkely Award for women’s leadership in media and in 2018 she was named one of the Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence in the Diversity and Inclusion category.
What We Cover:
- The speed of change with the gender equality, and changes that contribute to hope
- The Persisterhood
- The seven myths of women at work
- The four stages of gender equity awareness
- The male breadwinner model in Australia and how it impacts progress
- The importance of financial freedom for women, and teaching that to girls
- Invisibility of older women and statistics around homelessness
- How can we make change ourselves, and gathering groups together to drive change
- Benefits of long daycare for children
We mention some resources throughout the conversation, here is where you can find links to them all!
Work With Me
Are you ready to make some changes to the way you show up at work and in life?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level by being seen, getting the projects and work you want and receiving a bonus you deserve?